
I am due in about 9 days and my doc asks me if I want to be "started"... That wasn't really an option with the midwives until you were 10 days late, so I didn't really have a choice with Cy.. So, I open this up to all you women that have been "started" - what are the pros and cons?? I figure just let the baby come when she is ready, but I AM READY! haha.. I feel a little selfish thinking I MIGHT wanna be started. But, what if she doesn't wanna come yet? I can handle the pelvic pain, weight gain, stretch marks, uncomfortable NON-sleeping position, waddling, etc.. for another week, right??


16 comments:
Oh how I love a solicited opinion!
Let him strip your membranes for starters. If that gets things going, great! If not, maybe she's not ready and you can wait a bit longer.
Good luck!
I was induced with both of mine, about 5 days early. I loved it! Give the petocin baby!! I had an epidural though. So no matter how much petocin I was given.. I could bare the pain because of the most preciousl thing here on earth.. the epidural.. ha ha jk
YAY! I'm SO excited for you. Keep me updated. :] LOve ya. Good Luck
i would say wait, let the little one cook until she is done!
hang in there for another week!
your in our prayers!
take care!!!
I'd say wait! :) If you can bear the lovely pregnancy gifts, wait it out.. Most people I know that got started had a looooooong labor. However, it was their first baby too so it may be different since it's your second..
Like Traci said " let her cook till she's done" LOL.. I have a gift for you too since I was out of town during your shower.. Let me know how I can get it to you and CC :) Love ya xoxoxox
I say wait! I was induced with all six, and hated it. I was so wanting to just go on my own and not schedule my baby's birthday, but my body has alternative plans when it comes to birthing. I say hold out at least until your due date. Inductions can sometimes be longer than normal due to your body not being ready to go yet, which then puts the undue stress on wee one. Even with Maycee being four days late, they had to turn it off for two hours to give her a break cause her heart rate kept dipping.
You never know!Go with what you feel is right. But let us know as soon as she is here!
With all the chances of troubles for babies and the mother, I always say "Let the baby come when the baby is ready". I think if you are way past your due date then go for it. But these few days may be just what your baby needs to develops her lungs, etc. I am so excited she will be here soon though! Hang in there!
NO NEED! Loni's water broke and she's at the hospital!!
wow that is awesome!!! I always wished mine would have broke early... lucky duck. Ps i would have said to be induced that is how addie and jack came and i woulnd't do it any other way.
Just received my text msg. CONGRATULATIONS you cute family! I am glad everyone is healthy! Love Jamie & Fam
got the text too! how exciting and all this worrying and she came out to surprise you!!!
can't wait to see pix of her!!!
love you guys!
ps my water broke with all 3 of my tykes!
I was induced w O and it was a good thing, turns out she was a week late...apparently she was picking out curtains or decorating in there or something! lol
But - you already had her, so I guess she wanted to come out! She already has Cy's super chubby cute cheeks! Love it!
I got the text, she is so cute! I hope everything is going well. ♥
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics!
YOU DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!!!
Well the baby couldn't wait anyways, SO congrats!!! She is so cute!! WE LOVE HER!!!
i think its totally up to you and what you want, i got it "started" with tate and it hurt like hell. just so ya know:) then with crew everything just happened in its own and it was so much easier.
Post a Comment