Thursday, March 11, 2010

HAPPY 1/2 BIRTHDAY CYNTHIA CONNIE!!


Happy 1/2 Birthday C.C.!!! Our baby girl will be 6 months old today and we have LOVED every minute of having her in our lives.. We feel truly BLESSED to have such a precious daughter of God in our family! I would never have guessed I would LOVE having a little girl as much as I do!! I've always been a tomboy, so I was afraid to have a girl and not know what to do with her. haha.. Sounds dumb, I know.. BUT, ask me how many times I've done her hair... She is lucky when she gets a bow in it. Tasha put pigtails in on New Years, but other than that it's a bow or nothin! lol.. She doesn't mind.. YET! Good thing one of my BFF's is a hairdresser so that C.C.'s hair will get done periodically.

I forget how much I LOVE this age!! They are exploring so much and are so interested in EVERYTHING! So easily entertained.. I just LOVE it!! C.C. and Cy are so sweet together. Cy is so kind and gentle with her, and it seems like C.C. smiles anytime Cy walks into a room.. He can just LOOK at her and she giggles. I LOVE it! She giggles so easily and all the time! Other things she is doing is sitting up (Barely, as of 2 days ago).. It's so cute to see her sitting up and her chubby little legs just chillin.. C.C. LOVES to chew on EVERYTHING she can get her chubby little hands on!! She reaches for EVERYTHING!! She ALWAYS wants cell phones and chapstick! What is it with babies having such a huge interest in cell phones at such a young age??? I think we learned our lesson with Cy and the slobbering of cell phones and breaking them, so we don't really give them to C.C. like we did with Cy.. 2nd child syndrome, I guess.. C.C. is very independent already! :( It kinda makes me sad, because Cy is STILL a cuddler.. They are so different!! I guess it's a good and a bad thing, but she doesn't really like being held as much as Cy did.. She doesn't like being rocked to sleep. When she is tired she likes just being put in her bed to put herself to sleep. It really is nice, but I still LOVE to cuddle my babies. They aren't babies for long, and it makes me sad that they grow up so fast!! This girl is nosy!! There cannot be anyone in the room talking while I'm feeding her because she likes to look at whoever is talking and she won't eat if there is a lot going on and then she wonders why she is still hungry!! haha.. I wonder where she gets the nosy side of her!! hahahaha.. She gets it from BOTH SIDES, so it was inevitable!! She really does look at whoever is talking all the time, and she will just STARE!! C.C. LOVES to eat solids.. We have only given her rice cereal so far, but she embraced it so well the FIRST time she had it! No spitting up! haha.. She was READY! I remember her always watching us while we ate and would reach for our food, so I decided at 5 months that she was ready for solids and she LOVES them! I just bought some veggies to try before fruit (recommendation from our Pediatrician). We will see this week how well she takes to them.. Starting with the greens.. uck.. Good luck C.C.!! Talking has also been on C.C.'s list.. She doesn't really TALK in words (obviously), but she likes to immitate the sound of our words.. I love it!! She is so sweet, she will just blab to herself in the mornings when she wakes up, it doesn't last long before she's screaming to get outta bed, but it's dang cute while it lasts!! C.C. rolls over as well, so we have to really watch her now when she is on beds or in the bath. I love it when she is rolling onto her tummy and she can't get her chubby little arm out from under her chubby body. We have actually been really spoiled with C.C., she is such a happy baby.
There is so much I have done different this time around.. I can actually let her cry for more than 5 minutes when she is in her bed!! haha.. I would never let Cy cry and he still ends up in our bed at almost 3 years old (bad, I know).. I couldn't imagine having 2 in our bed, so I guess her independence has a lot to do with "sleep training". It's been nice, but I still LOVE to cuddle and it was a lot easier to plop them on when they were hungry and just go back to sleep, now I actually have to get OUT of bed to feed her!! lol.. hopefully, as a result of it she will sleep through the night sooner than Cy did. We shall see!! Right now she only wakes up once or twice to eat, so I can't complain.. Cy was still up at LEAST 3 or 4 times at this age.. THANK YOU NICOLLE!!
Overall, we just LOVE our princess!! We can't imagine our little family without her!! We love you C.C... 6 months down and ETERNITY to go!!!

9 comments:

Zach & Lizzy said...

She is so gorgeous!! What I beautiful little angel!! Cy is such a sweet boy!! I remember seeing you in the mall not too long ago and cy was such a little sweetheart! He made my heart Melt! You have such a beautiful family! I love you Loni!!!

Traci said...

what a sweet post! can't believe she is already 6 months!
the tykes and i are coming out this summer, so we will have to get together and meet cc!!
take care!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful post! CC is so freaking cute!
I can't believe 6 months has past.
And congrats on buying your first home, that is so exciting!

Jobi Niu said...

Happy half birthday C.C.!! How CUTE is she?! My goodness. What a cute post.

jamieb said...

She is darling, need to see her again.

The Bucks said...

Wow time goes by sooooo incredibly fast!! It seems like just yesterday I was visiting you both in the hospital!! She is adorable!!

Nicolle said...

So you move away and now were not friends?? Hello i miss your texts!! Im sure your busy unpacking boxes and decorating your new house!! Ok I cant believe that C.C. is 6mths old, wow times sure does fly, but then again the twins are almost 1!! I LOVE her picts, especially the one of her chubby tummy, so cute! miss ya!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday CC:) She is so cute and SO chubby..... I lopve her, Cy is such a good brother to her.

Unknown said...

6 Months already, where did the time go? She is so adorable!!!