Thursday, April 8, 2010

OUR CY-BOY is 3!!! (Post from April that I found and never posted)

I have had a hard time writing this post for some reason. I have decided I need serious help. I am sad about my little boy growing up and he is only 3. I get sad to think of him getting big and moving away and forgetting about me, which seems impossible because I haven't forgotten about my mother, but you still wonder if they will. I just feel sad when I think of him having to grow up and face this vicious world. I don't want him to be tempted (Satan's plan, I know).. But I don't! I don't want him to be put in a spot where he has to be tempted with drugs or alcohol or pornography or immorality or any of those horrible things that just get worse with time. I just want him to stay in my care ALWAYS so that I know he is being cared for to it's fullest. I really did start this post on his birthday (April 9) but I haven't been able to do it. Sounds silly. Here ya go.. We LOVE our Cy-Boy! He has been such a blessing in our lives in SO MANY WAYS! THANK YOU Cy..

  • BIG BOY - OH MAN! How did this happen? How is my son 3 years old ALREADY?? I can still remember the day his chubby little face was born into this world. It was one of the happiest days of my life! You seriously wonder how you can LOVE a human so much?? How am I so LUCKY to be blessed with such an amazing son?? I don't know what I have done right, but I thank the Lord DAILY for him and for the happiness and joy he brings to our lives. Cy, THANK YOU for picking me to be your mom!

    • NURSERY - Cy keeps us on our toes! He is such a little smarty pants.. He has grown a recent love for nursery, or as he calls it, "Church School".. He likes to think he's going to "School" - I was so surprised when I dropped him off the week before last and he didn't even fuss!! He sat down to eat a snack and then turned around and said "Bye mom, I love you" My heart DROPPED.. It's funny that we complain when they fuss and cry for us, but I was little heartbroken when he DIDN'T! haha.. THEN, when I picked him up and we got in the car, on our way home he said "Mom, I had fun at school". I was in shock! I love that he loves nursery, but it also makes me feel sad that he is becoming so independent! I NEED him to NEED me, but when he is TOO needy I complain.. HA! Typical. Cy, thanks for liking nursery now so I can teach my lesson.

    • SO SWEET - It's really hard to get mad at this kid.. When I am scolding him for something he says "I'm sorry mom" (when he's not telling me to GO AWAY), or when I'm trying to really tell him something he should NOT be doing he continues to say "MOM!" "But, MOM!" and I finally stop to say "What?" and he goes on to say "I love you!" with the sweetest little expression. WHO DOES THAT when I'm getting mad?? haha.. It helps me take a step away from the situation to realize I LOVE him to, I just don't LOVE his actions sometimes.. haha.. One of my favorite things Cy says to me on a daily basis is "So, how was work?" Cy, Thanks for being such a little sweetheart, even when mommy can be mean at times!

    • MARRIAGE COUNSELOR - Cy does NOT like contention in the home! At times Collin and I can get into a heated argument and he tells Collin "Daddy! Tell mommy I LOVE YOU MOMMY" and so Collin will look at me and say it and then Cy turns to me and says "Mommy! Tell daddy I LOVE YOU DADDY" and so I look at Collin and say it and then we just kinda have to laugh about it because he keeps us in check! Cy, Thank you for being our marriage therapist!

    • BIG BROTHER - Cy is so concerned when C.C. cries.. He is such a good big brother! He is always trying to "soothe" her by singing to her, but when she really gets out of control he tends to get impatient and yells at her to "stop crying"!!! He is very helpful and can get me a diaper or towel when I ask him to (most of the time, if his A.D.D. doesn't kick in). Another thing that Cy does that irritates me is trying to pickup C.C. when she is laying down and playing. It scared me so bad, but he always wants to hold her. Cy, Thanks for being such a great big brother!

    • MOMMY's HELPER - Cy is a good helper! Almost too good sometimes (the kind of TOO GOOD that he's more hurting than helping).. I was making bread the other day and there is a part where the dough is mixing and you pour in 2 cups of hot water and then let it mix for 5 mins.. So I put the hot water in the bowl and walk away from it and hear this SLOSHING around sound a minute later.. I turn around and find that the entire bowl is full of water and Cy is standing right by it with a measuring cup!! My initial reaction was to get mad!! What was he thinking?? He wasted 5 cups of flour and other ingredients!! WAS he thinking?? I grabbed him off the stool he stood on to "ruin" my bread and put him on the stairs for a timeout.. He was crying at this point and when I went to talk to him about it he said, "what's wrong mommy, I was just helping" - I felt like the worst mom EVER!! I got mad at him for trying to HELP and I didn't even give him a chance to explain himself! He just kept saying, "I'm sorry mom, I was just helping".. I broke down in tears! I felt so bad for being so mean about a dumb RECIPE that I could RE-DO in seconds!! Cy, Thanks for being my FAVORITE little helper!
    • Toy Story - Cy has a new obsession. Don't get it twisted, he is STILL obsessed with Blues Clues, he has just ADDED to his obsessions.. He is into "Toy Story 1" and "Toy Story 2" right now. He loves everything and anything that is Toy Story. Cy could watch both Toy Story's all day long over and over again if I let him! We have watched every trailer online imaginable for "Toy Story 3", and he is SO EXCITED for the movie to come out in June!! Cy, thank you for loving movies so mommy can get stuff done around the house sometimes. I forgot about this song George helped Cy record back in December.. He is singing his favorite Toy Story song, "You've got a friend in me" -

      Naturally, we had to wrap his presents in Toy Story paper! ;)


    • HATS - This kid LOVES to wear hats!! hmmm... I wonder where he gets it from? He definitely inherited that gene from his dad. His FAVORITE hat is his Yankees hat, but his cousin Jace gave him a Lakers hat for his birthday, so he has worn that one a little bit too.


    All Cy wanted to do for his birthday was go swimming. We told him ON his actual birthday that we could do whatever he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go swimming; I'm assuming this is because he asks to go everyday and I shut it down because I don't care for indoor pools.. Yuck. However, because it WAS his special day we took him to his 2 favorite places; McDonald's and the Pool!

    1 comment:

    Traci said...

    so cute! glad you wrote all this stuff down!
    love him in his hats too!