Thursday, April 8, 2010

SUGAR ADDICT!!!!

I'm sorry, but this is something VERY HEAVY on my mind so I need to get these thoughts out of my head ASAP!!! I am a SUGAR ADDICT in EVERY sense of the word!! I cannot do ANYTHING without thinking of where I'm gonna get my next sugar fix.. I can't sit here at work and WORK without grabbing a quick "snack size" snickers from the front desk counter bowl, which turns into NEEDING MORE and then walking down about 3 or 4 times in an hour to get another "Snack size" chocolate bar, whether it be Reeses, Hershey's, Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfinger, M&M's, or any of the other tempting chocolates staring me in the face I think to myself "it's ok Loni - it's only a SNACK SIZE so just grab ONE and have that be it for the day" - Who can eat just ONE?? REALLY??? Who am I kidding?? BLAST the candy bowl for calling my name on an hourly basis.. BLAST me for being WEAK.. BLAST my sugar cravings that don't EVER let up.. BLAST the person that invented CHOCOLATE.. BLAST my genes for not allowing me to eat whatever I want and still be skinny..

I am "Trying out" this diet thing and it seems like anytime I try diets, FOOD is the only thing that is EVER on my mind!! Hence this post.. When I diet I can't even STOP thinking about food and junk. This is why I am saying NO MORE DIETING for me.. It's MENTAL!! It is really a HUGE problem, because I start out doing SO WELL in the daytime and then I get home and I BINGE like crazy!! I end up devouring EVERYTHING in sight until it's GONE so I can't get to it anymore!! Gone.. as in.. IN MY BELLY!! I'm sorry if this post is making you puke a little in your mouth, I puke a little when I sit at night and think about all the crap I ate that day. That's another thing.. I don't "get sick" from eating too much sugar!! I just DON'T, maybe if I DID I would stop or eat less.. It just doesn't happen, and if I HAPPEN TO do really well for a few days I don't "get sick" from falling off the wagon again and eating 5 lbs of sugar in one sitting.. I hear people say "When I go without sugar for awhile I get sick eating it again" - That just DOESN'T happen to me!! My body is completely IMMUNE to sugar! Really!! Who eats DESSERT before DINNER?? ME!!!! The other reason I can't diet is because it's SO BORING!! I'm not happy because I don't have my sugar fix and I'm constantly thinking of WHAT I'm eating, rather than just enjoying what I put in my mouth. When I'm attempting a "lifestyle change" and I'm sitting at home eating my tasteless chicken and brown rice with non-buttered veggies I almost wanna cry when my family is eating their smothered bbq ribs and pasta covered ALFREDO sauce (my favorite) with oh so yummy french bread toasted and buttered beyond perfection!! It's not fair..

I'm so sorry and I don't mean to offend those that are good at eating healthy and still happy.. I WISH I WAS!! I envy people that can look the other way when passing a "chocolate bowl" and not partake. I envy those that order off the "on the lighter side" part of the menu at restaurants. I envy those that can stick to a diet for longer than 3 days. I envy those that don't eat their kids leftovers. I envy those that "snack" on vegetables. I envy those that "cringe" at the sight of fast food. I envy those that get "sick" when they consume large amounts of sugar. I envy those that LOVE to eat healthy. Thank you for being a good example to me, however, I cannot follow!!

Moral of the story: I cannot diet. It's mental. I binge. MUST workout.

17 comments:

Jami said...

I hear ya mama!! Can I get some chicken wings PLEASE??!!! Eat and be merry! You only live once... not to mention the fact that you are BEAUTIFUL regardless and I am not saying that just cause I am your BFF!

Kim said...

I am a fellow sugar addict! I have to have it everyday or I am mean and grumpy! I finally got to a point where I decided I can eat what I want at each meal as long as half the meal is veggies. So have your ribs and Alfredo but make half your plate veggies(with a little butter!) and wash it all down with a piece of chocolate. Another good trick a friend gave me was to get accostumed to nice chocolate. Buy yourself a whole bunch of See's candy or other better quality candy. Allow yourself 2 (cut them in half or fourth) you will not lose your sugar craving but you won't be as tempted by that cheap grocery store stuff. I swear I could write a book on this but at the end of the day do NOT worry about what the world considers beautiful. But we can still hate "naturally skinny" girls, right?

Natalie said...

Oh Loni, I could have sworn these were my exact same words.. it was weird to see my thoughts on YOUR blog! It is so sad, and so frustrating, and the worst part about it (aside from my weight gain) is that my kids are learning the same behavior.
I don't get sick at all either, why? It can't be normal to consume that much sugar! RIGHT?!? So why wouldn't our bodies give us a warning that we are doing damage? I don't get it.. oh honey I am so in the same boat.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Hahaha love this post! I think more of us are in your same boat than are not..... I so feel ya on this one!

weasel said...

You freaking crack me up! Love you! I love this post!

Janet said...

I totally agree and have the same problems. Unfortunately, I'm 25 years older than you and should know better and have fixed this by now.

Let's no give up,though!

Kassie said...

Oh my sweet friend. You stand not alone on this.. I have the biggest sweet MOUTH ever.. I don't even call it a sweet tooth anymore because all my teeth are sweet. lol.. LOVE this post. It's hilarious and I agree with you on those people who can snack on healthy food and cringe at junk food.. UGH.. theyre missing out. hahaha
PS, you nor your family could EVER EVER be lemons.. you're one of the most amazing families we know. Please send our love to your mom and dad.. Ray talks about your dad all the time.. we just adore all of you!!

Zach & Lizzy said...

COME WORKOUT WITH ME! I MISS MY MORNING WORKOUT BUDDY!!!

jamieb said...

You are so funny! Maybe this is why you have such a sweet personality!

Chris said...

loni! you crack me up....i love sugar too! ha lets go running together?!?
karrie

Jacki said...

haha Loni, you crack me up!! its like i was telling you, i COULDN'T give up chocolate if i tried. i love it too much and one piece is never enough.
i am going through that "lifestyle change" with weight watchers and its not easy. i don't always eat healthy things like i should. its all about portion sizes. fill your plate with veggies and then have a little bit of your pasta smothered in alfredo sauce.
we aren't always perfect and we make mistakes. if you mess up one day, start all over the next.
your awesome!

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

HA HA ya you do not do well without sugar!! Your family are freaks with how much sugar they can indulge in!! Jon is the same way!!! It is mental and YES you can do it!!! Remove all sugar from the house and DO NOT BUY ANY MORE CHOCOLATE!!!! no more Holiday for a while that include a bunch of sugar, Easter is over you can do this!! Now I am not say give up sugar just make better choices during the day so you can enjoy your cheat once and a while .....not after every meal LOL that what I have started to do. I dont buy things I like, and when I cheat I make sure that it is something I LOVE rahter than just any sugar possible!!! love ya you can improve I promise. Kristi approved is hard I am stuggling bad!!! After work we just need to go to the park for walks again!! let me know when your ready I will go with you:)

{lindy baker cakes} said...

I'm so a sugar addict too!!!!! It's horrible!!!!! I need to stop!

cindy said...

Oh Honey, I feel for you. I love candy too, or anything sweet. I just cannot have it in my house, or of course... I eat way too much of it. I wish I had some wise advice here, but you know it all. Just maybe try to cut down a little bit and work out. Thats about all I can think of. I know its VERY unrealistic to say go cold turkey, so just cut down. I love you so much and I do worry about your health. so, please try to limit your sugar intake. LOVE YO MOMMA!!

Leesa Tuaileva Coles said...

I SOOOOOOO HEAR YA!!! I'm doing better! But it's still HARD, you can do it! Don't give up! I love you so much sis. Sugar is really bad for you sis so please try to cut down ok!

Lachelle said...

SIS! SIS! SIS!... Ohhh these people that are commenting and think they're the same as you but lets face it, there is no one more like you than ME!! Sis!! I can not tell you the last time I didn't have sugar or a piece of chocolate or a gummy something! HAHAHA! Sis! Power to the Tuaileva Sisters!! I only maintain... MAINTAIN... not LOSE! I only maintain because I try to workout lol!! Psh dessert before dinner ALWAYS!! You already know! I love you sis!! You ARE beautiful in and out so don't stress so much on it please!! I LOVE YOU!!

Lachelle said...

Oh! PS... as i write this i'm grubbin on li hi moi sour watermelons and gummy bears