Thursday, January 29, 2009

TAGGED - MONTHS FAVORITE TO LEAST FAVORITE

K, so.. my cute friend Kim tagged me with naming my favorite to least favorite months and why. I already told her that mine won't be as creative as hers, but here it goes...

1- DECEMBER : I'm sure the reason December would be my number 1 is obvious.. The spirit of the season is so strong everywhere you go! Everyone seems nicer (except in checkout lines and people are in a hurry), there is food and candy everywhere you turn, LOTS of family functions (my favorite), buying gifts for others (another one of my favorite things to do), TONS of time off work.. Christmas eve & Christmas, and then New Years eve and New Years (which is January by then, but still feels like December). Most importantly, we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

2 - June : June is a great month, for a few different reasons.. It is the love of my life's Birthday (Collin.. June 8th) and then June 3rd is our Anniversary, so we get to celeberate our LOVE and go away for a night.. That's always fun! The other reason is that it's REALLY getting warm, but not too HOT at that point.. The weather doesn't tease us anymore in June..

3 - April : The OTHER love of my life was born in April!! April 9th is Cy's birthday and we always love to celebrate Cy and give him presents and let him eat all the cake and Ice Cream he can handle!! I can't imagine our lives without this little man, and that's why I LOVE April!

4 - March : The month of my birthday, and SOMETIMES Easter.. Birthday's are always fun! It's nice to feel special and loved on your special day that you don't share with anyone else! Collin ALWAYS finds ways to make me feel speical on my birthday! My family also does a good job of it. Easter.. what more can I say.. To celebrate the resurrection of our Savior. Easter and Christmas are the best holidays, IMO, for sure!!

5 - November : Who DOESN'T love to stuff their face? haha.. I LOVE the month of Thanksgiving for a few reasons... I always get off work Thurs/Fri of Thanksgiving and we always get to see a BUNCH of family that we don't get to see very often!! The "giving" feeling is in full swing by then and everyone is so much happier during this season!! Collin would tell you his favorite thing about Thanksgiving is "Honey Baked Ham" - he could eat 1 by himself! My favorite "food" item on Thanksgiving is the enless amounts of dessert!! I could skip the main course and go straight for the pies!!

6 - October : If you know me by now, you know that I LOVE Candy!! I have ALWAYS looked forward to October 31st, KNOWING that I will have candy for weeks!! haha.. However, now that I'm older and don't really trick-or-treat for MYSELF, I rely on family members having good candy at their house for us to snack on when we visit to show off the babies costumes! haha.. Dressing up is also a fun part of Halloween.. I actually talked Collin into a "family theme" this year! We will see how long that lasts.. haha.. October is also 4 of my family members birthdays.. Mom, Dad, Jojo & Tasha!!

7 - September : It starts to cool down.. I am done with the heat of Summer by about August and then September comes around and it's nice and cool... Also, who doesn't LOVE fall fashion? I LOVE fall fashion! I'm so over shorts and tank-tops in the summertime.. I'm all about boots, hoodies and sweaters for sure! The other thing I LOVE about fall is the leaves start to change colors and we like to go on Sunday drives to enjoy the beauty that is everywhere!

8 - May : April showers bring MAY FLOWERS!! May is a beautiful month.. It is starting to get warmer, but still cool enough for a light sweater, and knowing me, you know I love sweaters! May is a happy month.. Things are becoming more colorful, SPRING CLEANING begins, planting season, summer vacations in the works.. School is out!!

9 - February : LOVE is in the air!! Valentines day was always one of my favorites! I love being loved! haha.. My husband has always been good about Valentine's Day flowers!! I feel bad sometimes when they are delivered at work, because I might be 1 of 2 girls that gets them from their sappy husbands! My sister Lachelle is a Valentine Day Baby and it suites her perfectly, because she is so LOVING!! I love finding reasons to express my love to those I LOVE in a creative way, that makes me guilty of keeping the "commercial holiday" alive with Valentines Day cards and candy!!

10 - July : July is a fun month!! The 4th brings Independence Day, as well as Jon and Connie's birthday's!!! The festivities in July and on July 4th are SO FUN with the fireworks, parade's, going to Collin's family cabin, more fireworks at night, etc.. July is also very warm and swimming is always a MUST in my family!! Gotta love July!

11 - August : I didn't realize I would put August as one of my least favorites!! I don't mind August, I just know that I always dreaded going back to school in August when I was growing up.. I didn't want Summer to end! The other thing I sometimes can't stand about August is the HEAT!! By this time I am ready to pack away my swimsuit and bust out my hoodies!!

12 - January : It's funny that I also had January as my least favorite month.. I think a lot of it has to do with the realization that holiday's are over for awhile.. Time to take down the decorations and Christmas lights, back to work and school!! January also brings a NEW YEAR which usually consists of me trying to be off sweets and junk food, which puts me in a bad mood! haha.. October through December are usually JAM PACKED with fun, food, family and friends, and then it seems as if everyone disappears for awhile come January.

That little "TAG" was fun and interesting.. I never thought that hard about the months before! Thanks Kim.. I tag anyone that would like to be tagged! :)

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

If I made a list like this it would look a lot like yours! With a few changes in between for birthdays. When is your birthday by the way?