Monday, November 10, 2008

GOING PRIVATE??

K, so.. I don't know what has been up with my blog lately, but I wasn't getting emails of the new comments, and somehow it got changed to me having to VIEW comments before they are posted.. Which, I don't remember enabling that comment option... However, the email address that was on my commenting thing wasn't even MY EMAIL ADDRESS!! haha.. HACKERS-R-US! JERKS! K, so.. anyways, I got it all changed back, but sorry if your comment didn't get posted.. Back to the reason I'm posting this.. What do you think the PRO's and CON's are of going PRIVATE? Comments are appreciated!! ;)

16 comments:

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

FOR IT!! LOL I just decided to go private!!! You should:)

Jobi Niu said...

I went private and it only allows 100 readers.. I have over a 100 readers so I had to take mine off private :( If I could I would still have it on private... I took off like where we live, our full names, etc.
It was so fun hangin out with you the other night! I love ya..

Nesa said...

Going private is great, but I haven't yet. I have just removed our last name, I am also thinking about taking our first names out and putting a nickname in place. Still thinking about it all. I am lucky to not have run into any problems yet. If you decide to go private, be sure to let me know!

Unknown said...

it's totally up to you, but to be honest, i never look at private blogs. just once in a while. only because i view my blogs through a reader and it will pop up when there is a new post and it won't do that for private blogs.
i think just be smart. don't put where you like etc..

Andrea said...

There are pros: you know who has access to your blog, you can use your blog as a true journal because you know who is looking, it makes you feel safe.

Cons: Old friends can't find you because when they get to your page they aren't invited and there is no way to request an invite, you can only have 100 viewers, Google Reader doesn't list your new posts so some people don't read it, it is a pain to get everyone's e-mail to send them an invite.

My blog is private, but only because I post a lot, I include lots of pictures, I write a lot of personal information, and I want my blog to be more of a journal for me and my kids (I'll use blurb to print the blog into a book). I don't want any wackos--besides the ones I invite--to be lurking around.

Jeanine said...

I think it is a good idea! I still read peoples blogs if they decide to lock it up! I would still read yours!

Traci said...

That is such a bummer when someone is messing with your stuff!
I see the pros and the cons, but it's a hard choice.
Guess I can't leave you with any good advice!!!

Inouyes said...

All for it gal! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!...lol... nah for reo though smart move!

Lavi said...

it's whatevers but YAY for finding you and your cute blog :) i found you off of Tasha n' Jons whom i found off of Lose n' Kepus wooo whoo for bloggers. anyways I added you to my list and if you do go private here's my addy.

lavi_mounga(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

aubphotography said...

Taiese32@gmail.com

weasel said...

Mine is private, plus I don't put too much personal info and never do nuddie shots! I am so paranoid about the internet and O being exposed or something! That is another thing, I only call her O on other people's blogs...yeah paranoid! Yes on Artic - can't do Wed or Thurs this wk though! If you're online tomorrow - I'll try to instant you to see if you can do Fri or nxt wk!

Nathalie Smith said...

I say it all depends on you...how much info is there about your family full names, where you live, if your home alone alot,etc. If there is tons then either change it or private it. Personally, I like to see my friends blogs thru friends and more friends, so of course I'd rather it not be private, not a psycho just a curious mom seeing how other moms live life!

P.S. going to the midnight showing is so tempting, but since I am pregnant, I am dead tired by 10:30 so I wouldn't even enjoy it if I did go!

Anonymous said...

If you go private, I probably won't read--sorry, I just don't get signed up to do those. Jamie

ma'elePHOTO said...

Hey Loni... I was cruisin' and saw you off of Lose's blog. I love running into people from 'way back' (lol!). Your little family is so cute! I'm still trying to find the tongan in your little Cy (hahaha!) He's a handsome lil man!

Take care!

Zach & Lizzy said...

I want to keep reading!
dearlizzy23@gmail.com

jenni kaufusi said...

taylah21@yahoo.com