Thursday, October 9, 2008

1 & 1/2 YEARS OLD!!! WHERE DOES TIME GO??

My baby is 18 months old today!! WHAT? Where did the last 18 months go?? Cy will always be my "baby" - I refuse to let him be anything BUT! ;) We love this little guy SO MUCH! HE has brought nothing but JOY to our lives!! We thank our Heavenly Father EVERYDAY and NIGHT for blessing us with such an amazing child of God! Enough of the mushy stuff.. let's get down to business!! So, this post was going to be about the funny things he has done lately (I have YET to jot down ANYTHING about Cy in a journal, so we will use this as his "journal" for now)... ALREADY a manipulator!! We are ATTEMPTING to wean him off the BOTTLE (Yes, he still has a bottle morning and night) and so when his "nighty night bottle" is gone, we don't refill it, as we used to until he fell asleep.. So, when it was gone the other night, he said, "mommy, bottle?" and I said, "nope, sorry son, it's gone, go nigh night" and so he waits a few seconds and yells.. "Daddy" until Collin answers him and then he says, "Daddy, bottle?" hahaha.. HELLO KID! I just told you NO! lol.. He has ALREADY learned to manipulate and ask the OTHER parent that will probably give in and say "YES" - So, Collin and I had to have the talk of "STICKING TOGETHER AS A TEAM" on answers we give our children.. Now I know why my dad always said, "did you ask your mother? And what did she say?" haha.. then he would say "Then that's my answer" lol...
We TRY to pray nightly as a family, and Cy has caught on to the FOLDING ARMS and CLosING EYES part, but it doesn't last long!! We say "Time to say prayer" and he says "Pray" and then folds his arms and bows his head, not 2 seconds later he says "AYYY-MAYUN" and if we keep praying (our prayers tend to be longer than 2 seconds) he CONTINUES to say Amen over and over until we finally say "Amen" haha.. and then he looks at us and laughs!!
Cy LOVES to carry heavy stuff!! I mean, HEAVY! HE will get the gallon of milk out of the fridge and carry it a few steps (while grunting) and then put it down, pick it up again and walk a few steps, then put it down..
His new obsession is DRUMS!! (see video) He picks up random things at home and says "mommy, dum" and starts pouding away at everything just to make noise! He LOVES the band at the football games! He is more interested in the BAND than the actual game (shh... don't tell his dad, it will break his heart). haha..
However, he WILL sit and watch football on tv with Collin! It's very cute! Collin LOVES it!
Cy is a PICKY EATER (not a good thing) and it stresses me out! He ALREADY won't eat anything unless it's fried or has a ton of SUGAR in it!! His favorite “food” is POPSICLES!! HE is A LOT like me in the picky food dept, and it makes me afraid for him!! It stresses me out because he HARDLY eats!! Aren't boys suppose to eat a LOT?
Cy can hardly sit still! He has to always be up and exploring new things everywhere we go! In other words, Collin and I don't relax as much as we used to! Cy LOVES family!! He LOVES giving "Uma's" (kisses) to everyone! He LOVES his aunties, uncles, "nama" (Grandma Connie) "gampa" (Grandpa George & Richard), "nana" (Grandma Cindy) and "Papa" (Grandpa Joel).. Cy isn't very shy.. He will say "HI" to EVERYONE, even if they don't acknowledge him! He is constantly saying "Hi" to people we pass at the store, on the street, at church, etc.. and he will keep saying "HI" until they acknowledge him and say HI back or are out of his view. He doesn't get his feelings hurt YET if they don't say hi back, which is good.. It feels so good when I come home from work and he sees me and immediately says, "HI MOMMY" - I love it!
Cy's favorite word is "No" - he sometimes gets confused and says "no" when he means YES!
Cy LOVES babies!! He will go upto them and say "baby UMA" (kiss in Tongan) and then he will kiss their forehead!
Cy doesn't like to wear shoes!! haha.. He will wanna go outside and walk around without shoes on - even if it's COLD! He doesn't care! Cy LOVES to be outside! He fusses anytime we try to get him to come in from being outside.. it’s going to be a VERY LONG winter!! He also loves to help gramma Garden and water things outside (someone in this family will have to do it). He even picks up apples that have fallen from the tree, and will eat them! Cy loves to get DIRTY! This kid will play in dirt, mud and rocks for as long as we will let him! Typical boy, right? However, he also loves to put on girlie stuff like headbands, necklaces, gramma’s glasses, mommy’s shoes, bracelets, etc..
Cy loves to give Eskimo kisses! He will go back and forth between Collin and I saying “Eh-mo Kiss” and rubs his nose against ours.
Cy LOVES to read!! He would read for like 2 hours straight if I had the energy! He has a TON of books, because everyone knows how much he LOVES books!! He won’t even get sick of them! We could read the same ones over and over again!
Cy talks in his sleep!! He has done this for a long time, but it is BAD now that he can say more words! Haha.. He blabs all the time and I can make out a word every few words he says. It’s hilarious because I will think he’s awake because he will say “mommy” a lot in his sleep, so I check on him and he is knocked out!!
Cy STILL sleeps with Collin and I!! We attempted MANY times to put him in his crib, but he has night terrors!! It’s the WORST feeling (I failed to post about his night terrors, but they were HORRIBLE) and he hasn’t had them since we put him back in bed with us.. what can I say? I’m a BAD MOM!! I can’t do the whole “cry it out” thing.. I might learn with my next few kids to allow them to “cry it out” at an earlier age so that they learn quicker!
Cy is a smart kid (I know, I’m bias), but he is smarter than ME! Haha.. We were driving the other day – in the MIDDLE of the day… and he yells “moon” and I was thinking “haha.. the moon isn’t out yet – must be the sun” and he just kept saying “moon” so I looked where he was pointing, and SURE ENOUGH, there was the moon!! It was very light colored, but it sure was the MOON!!
Cy has learned about drawers and doors that open and close, so when he opens them he says “Hi” and then closes them and says “Bye” – anyways, he was sitting on my lap facing me and I had a jacket on that was unzipped and he would open up my jacket and say “Hi” and then he would hold it together closed and say “Bye” haha..
Cy loves balls!! He loves sitting on them, throwing them, rolling them, DRAWING on them.. whatever. He is a smart kid, because Collin has always put the ball in Cy’s LEFT hand (of course) and sometimes Cy will throw the ball from his right hand, but when Collin walks in the room he will ALWAYS throw it with his left hand! Hahaha…

Cy has picked up on my name!! He will say "mommy" "mommy" "mom" "MOM" and then if I still don't answer him he yells "NONI" hahaha.. for LONI. Smart kid! The first time he did it I couldn't stop laughing because it threw me OFF!! hahaha...

We were putting together a list of words that Cy says, but we couldn't think of them all because he is a PARROT!! He really does try to mimmick (spelling?) everything we say, so although he may not KNOW what he is saying, he can say almost anything! haha.. I will do a later post of the words we will have him say on camera tonight and post the video!
I know I just blabbed a TON about Cy, but we just love him SO MUCH and I wanted to get this information down before I forget!! Happy year and a half birthday, CY!! xoxoxo



Cy-DRUMS!! This video is of Cy at the football game on the drums RIGHT AFTER I took away the drum sticks to give back to the band kid.. Cy FREAKED OUT and started to cry because he LOVES the drums!! And then he was happy when he gave them back.. once again.. MANIPULATOR! haha....









8 comments:

Lindsay Tuaileva said...

Man!! I love my monkey boy!!! All these thing you were saying he does is SO TRUE!! I love you Cy :) happy 1 1/2!!! Ofa lahi Atu!!! xoxoxo

Lachelle said...

AHHH!! I love him! And i'm so very grateful for him also! what would our lifes be like without him?... BOOOOORING!! haha love you all!

weasel said...

Seriously - I think our kids were seperated at birth or something, some of their habits and interests are soooo much the same! It's so much fun, this stage - I think I like it MUCH better than the baby stage! He's a cutie! Carls Jr - next week sometime, seriously!

Unknown said...

what a cute kid!
him and ezra do SO many of the same things it's crazy.
they need to get together sometime, that would be a riot!

Kayla R. said...

They grow up so fast!!! HE IS SO CUTE!!!

Nathalie Smith said...

So fun! Time flys fast, doesn't it?
Watch out before you know it you'll have a 6 yr. old sleeping between you still! LOL. Jasmine had terrors, she thought that bugs were all over her room, we got her a nightlight and that helped alot. It will pass. Anyways,
He is so cute and is making me excited for my other one in the making!

Anonymous said...

We love Cy too! We need to see you guys again real soon! Jamie & Fam

Inouyes said...

CY you are a ROCKSTAR!